AsiaVAD offers comprehensive support on WhatsUp Gold from tecnical consultancy,
basic installation and upgrade, customized monitoring configuraiton, system fine-tuning and
troubleshooting, customized script development, data analysis and reports customization
Please find our service offering and details below:
is proud to be the Ipswitch Authorized Training Center in the region.
With this new and improved training, you and your customer will receive:
- Access to your own cloud-hosted network of devices for hands-on lab exercises.
- Brand new training curriculum built from the ground up by the creators of WhatsUp Gold!
There are different course options to best suit your needs. The 2-Day Class focuses solely on WhatsUp Gold.
The 3-Day Class also includes WhatsUp Gold Distributed and all Plugins.
The training is on Ipswitch facility and course material plus syllabus at link here.
Based on the standard the training above, AsiaVAD can tailor training for clients with specific needs such as scripting,
customized monitor creation for unique appliance, or report customization.
Please click here for more details.
WhatsUp Gold Installation Service
- Installation of WhatsUp Gold Software and plug-in (if any) with SQLExpress bundled.
- Devices discovery with option of device connectivity topology and asset inventory capturing.
- Maps creation according to given maps documentation and grouping.
- Out-of-box ping availability and latency monitor.
- Out-of-box network devices monitoring include interface utilization, cpu and memory utilization.
- Out-of-box system resources monitoring for Windows and Unix severs in hard disk, cpu, memory, subject to availability of snmp services at servers
- Out-of-box wireless infrastructure monitoring and alerts.
- Setup and configuration of notification and escalation policy (email, web alarm, SMS gateway integration)
- Out-of-box schedule reports configuration (PDF format)
- Half-day fine tuning for post-configuration
- Plug-in WhatsVirtual : Out-of-box VM system resources monitoring.
- Plug-in Flow Monitor : Cisco Device Configuration, Flow Monitor Report, and abnormal traffic alert configuration.
- Plug-in APM: Assignment of Ipswitch APM Profiles, action and APM report configuration.
- Plug-in Orsenna: Oracle Server, Extended SNMP Monitor configuration.
Non-standard Monitoring (Extra Man-Days required)
- All on-site service is subjected to engineer’s availability and to be performed during office hour Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm.
- Add-on hardware / software are to be provided by end users.
- Network settings changes and necessary services at target devices are to be configured by client.
- In events of large device counts configuration, Asia VAD will conduct knowledge sharing to allow clients to perform configuration duplication independently.
- The service doesn’t include non-standard monitoring configuration, which requires separate scoping and quotation
Client is to advise Asia Vad on extra monitoring requirement, which may include but not limited to:
Project Management (not included)
- Research on snmp mib file loading and customized SNMP monitor and traps monitor creation.
- Active Script development and reports customization.
- Reports customization which involves ASP code changes.
Client who needs project management will need to assign their own project manager to manage process below:
For extra requirement, please review the setup check list
- Project Plan: Kick-off meeting, schedule, milestone, Gannt chart.
- Project Scope: Requirement Document, Outstanding Task List Tracking.
- Acceptance Test Plan and Reports.
- Operations Guide and User Guide.
WhatsUp Gold Post-installation Handover Documentation
- Software license, end-user and software download information
- Screen capture of main map and customized monitors, actions, alerts & escalation policies, scheduled report settings
- Data backup procedure
- The documentation is not meant to be a replacement WhatsUp Gold User Guide, which is available with the program
installation, and Ipswitch web site. click here.
AV-UPG-SVC WhatsUp Gold Upgrade Service
The upgrade will ensure the following data are retained
- All maps and devices created
- Existing customized monitoring and services
- Notification library
- Refer to latest release notes for hardware system requirement.click here.
||Total Number of Hours
Standard Support Pack
Platinum Support Pack
7x24x4 Local Support Pack
|Scope of Local Maintenance Support
Scopes of Services Coverage
1. Maintenance of WhatsUp Gold systems, including:
1.1. Disaster recovery of WhatsUp Gold Monitoring System from previous configuration backup.
1.2. WhatsUp Gold software troubleshooting and version upgrade.
1.3. Configuration of WhatsUp Gold devices notification and monitoring services.
1.4. Health Check on WhatsUp Gold system monitoring load, alerts, database size, and system overall health based on its log reports.
1.5. Customized configuration to monitor devices & services, subject to availability of 3rd party SNMP agents and objects or WMI objects.
1.6. Ad-hoc product new features update and training.
2. Ad-hoc configuration activities including NT Services, SNMP, WMI Polling Configuration.
The support and maintenance package DOES NOT cover:
- Operating hours: Monday-Friday 9am to 5pm, except public holiday, next business day response.
- Remote support via internet pc access will be rounded up to next 0.5 hours.
- Minimum engagement 2 hours for each on-site activation (in Singapore only)
- Term of coverage good for 12 months from acceptance of order, and subject to maximum hours pack accordingly.
- Hardware repair, setup, configuration and troubleshooting
- Software licenses
- Operating System Setup and Installation
- Custom script development or report customization
- Project management and documentation
- After office hours service
WhatsUp Gold Quarterly Report Analysis
|Quarterly Report Analysis
In event that administrators overwhelmed by many alerts from different devices,
the report analysis will help client to focus on devices or application that need attention.
Failure Trend Analysis further compiled from WhatsUp Gold Reports below:
The report will also help users to exclude one-off failures, and false alarms related to inter-devices
dependencies. With the reports, administrator is able to take specific corrective actions such as:
- Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly Service Availability Report Analysis.
- Compilation of State Change Time Line Related to Top 10 frequent for
client further analysis on router or switches, which may need further action
- fine-tune the monitoring parameters.
- investigate flapping network connectivity issue due to network design or applications.
- highlight of traffic surge, disk space usage that need action for capacity increase.
For more information, please write to